Thursday, May 1, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: Sunplucker electric cat

 

Yes, I need to update that info, I have better info now that is not posted there. That's what I am using for my comparison. Top speed is like 7 MPH at 32 amps, ideal cruise is about 5.5 MPH at 20 amps. I have all new batteries and solar panels and better instrumentation as well. As soon as we launch this season I'll shoot a short video with GPS readings as well.
Still for a much heavier and more capable boat we are not that far apart. And those readings don't change much with load, it takes a bit more initial current but once up to speed they even out. Don't forget this boat is our access to our cottage and gets worked hard. Last year we carried a big load of lumber across, more than you could carry in a pickup truck. Built three new docks with it.
 I'm not comparing apples to oranges here, just using your numbers to confirm mine. I really would have thought you would have much better performance with your setup.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment