Sunday, May 25, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: Direct drive and thrust bearings vs flange mounted ballbearing

 

John

how have you mounted your bearings? Like I stated before I'll be using a lower speed motor higher torque Motenergy ME0201014201 with a vetus bullflex flexible shaft coupling and a PYI shaft seal  to aid in both alignment failure and drag on the shaft. My concern is transferring the torque to the hull thus minimizing the impact on the motor. I feel comfortable with the direct drive, I've seen several and haven't heard of any problems. One of the conversion companies suggestion was one if not two thrust bearings with direct drive. I'm just looking for history either or. I also have changed  props from a two blade to a three blade 12"- 9 pitch. If this doesn't work  I have a shop that will change the pitch. They actually have loaners I could try. Since I want to change both cutlass and shaft seal I'm having my 40 year old shaft trued and polished. Again et me shut my mouth and open my ears for suggestions.

thanks

Jim

__._,_.___

Posted by: bjamessr1@comcast.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment