Saturday, May 24, 2014

[Electric Boats] Direct drive and thrust bearings vs flange mounted ballbearing

 

Hi

I'm trying gather all the information that the groups has contributed, My conversion starts June 1st with removal of tired atomic 4 out of my c27.  I've decided on the Motenergy ME0201014201, which has less speed but more torque at 28 turns per phase line and line resistance of 0.025. I also have a Vetus bullflex flexible shaft coupling with a PYI shaft seal. The question I have is what type of bearing to use on the alignment of the shaft and to secure the shaft? I've looked for thrust bearings but the ones I can find no mounting just the bearing. I know that I need to transfer the torque to the superstructure not the motor. I just need help with bearing design.

thanks guys, your help is appreciated. PS my shaft is Imperial at 1".

__._,_.___

Posted by: bjamessr1@comcast.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment