Sunday, June 2, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Dirty prop

 

The critters must be affecting the blade profile and reducing its "bite" on the water.  More turbulence, less thrust, less power needed to reach whatever rpm corresponds to 48v.

On 6/2/2013 9:07 PM, R&M Mair wrote:
 

My prop is currently got some critters attached. I notice that instead of 20 amps giving me 3.6 knots I now need 25 amps to get 3 knots. This makes sence to me. The thing I do not understand is why full throttle now tops out at 45 amps. I get a about 4.8 knots at 65 amps with a clean prop. Should I not be able to hit max draw of 100 amps with the prop like this or at least get the 65 I got before. All at 48 volts. Electric Yacht 100ibl system.
Richard


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment