Saturday, June 22, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric Ericson 27 Long Beach California

 

Better try to remove the set screw or you will score the shaft (if you even can manage to move it). As for the packing, it's cheap enough to just buy a 3/16" and a 1/4" to have on hand. With that shaft size, i doubt you'd have larger packing than that. Return the other one after the job is done if you can.

The boat is out of the water, right? I know someone who did an in water packing change but he has more testicular fortitude than me :-)

/Jason

On Jun 22, 2013, at 19:32, "jonathanheirendt" <jonathanheirendt@yahoo.com> wrote:

 


Yeah, I was afraid of that. I will be bringing my grinder too just in case the heat does not do the trick. There appears to be a rusty set screw through the coupling but I can't get it to move. Will I have to drill this out prior to heating and pulling or can I just try to take the whole assembly off with the set screw still attached? By the way does anybody know what size shaft packing I will need? 1974 Ericson 27 3/4" shaft. All help is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jonathan

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment