Sunday, June 23, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Minnkotas

 

Aye, there's the rub. Paddling a loaded canoe five miles against the tide is not my idea of fun; if it were I wouldn't bother with the motor!

If I were to keep the total amps to no more than the motor was designed for (say with a circuit breaker) could I avoid this?

Willie

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, George Schnellman <vectorges@...> wrote:
>
> DC motors are very forgiving of the voltage supplied. at no-load the rpm
> will be directly proportional to the voltage., Double the voltage and you
> double the rpm. Triple the voltage and you triple the rpm. This holds right
> to the point 2 nanoseconds before the armature gets too hot and melts and
> the operator says, "Wow, I didn't see that coming".
>
> Be careful how much voltage you apply. Generally you will shorten the life
> of your equipment. It would not be fun to be an hour into a cruise and have
> the motor melt and have to paddle back.
>
>
> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM, stmbtwle <stmbtwle@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > I wasn't aware you could run a 12v Minn Kota on 24v... Good idea, I'll
> > have to look into that. What kind of controller did you use?
> >
> > Willie

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment