Sunday, June 23, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: Sillette sail drive lower units for sale

 

I installed a Sillette 2:1 version (MKII) paired with an Electric Yacht 100ibl system in my Victoria 26 a few years ago. This seems to be a great price--I think I paid about $3500 for my 2:1 Sillette. Based on my research at the time of my repower, this is one of the few options/considerations for an electric repower of a Saildrive. Gear reduction would have to be attained somehow, I believe.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Jason Taylor <jt.yahoo@...> wrote:
>
> I came across these that might interest some people looking at a conversion or new build.
>
> They are 1:1 ratio lower sail drive units intended for electric propulsion, up to 30kw / 22kg•m.
>
> I think a planetary gear would make for a very neat reduction setup.
>
> http://greatlakesskipper.com/en_us/sillette-sonic-mk1-elecs-d-blue-gray-1-1-ratio-boat-saildrive
>
> I have no relation to the vendor. Just found them through a google search.
>
> Cheers,
>
> /Jason
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment