Tuesday, June 4, 2013

[Electric Boats] Which controller for this motor?

 

Hi,

I'm back to dreaming. (And maybe doing!)

I've got a chance to buy this motor and want to make sure I can get a controller that will work for it.

http://www.galco.com/buy/Baldor/CD5318

Any suggestions?

BTW: Is this a decent motor for my boat?

Which is a 16' rowboat with an inboard setup. I've got an old electric motor from a garden tractor in it now but don't want to get stuck with that direction because it takes a custom controller. If the 30 yr old motor ever dies I would have to toss the controller and start from scratch. I'm planning on running 36v to 48v using 3-4 12v batteries. I do have a really cool looking antique manual reversing switch so the controller doesn't have to do that.

http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_21_30&products_id=41

Thanks,

MArk B.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment