Monday, January 31, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Electric boating association in the US?

 

I think you answered your own question, go for it, full e-propulsion ahead !
What do you think, is this something that we need?




-----Original Message-----
From: John Paramore <watertoyz@frontier.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, Jan 31, 2011 2:37 pm
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Electric boating association in the US?

 
I'd say the site's flying on autopilot. It has lists that note recent
EBA events and lists a near future upcoming marathon, but the site
seems a bare-bones operation at best.

The parent-Organization http://www.electric-boat-association.org.uk/
by comparison is a cascade of information and links, but no longer
links to EBAA.

In the early '90s after Ken Matthews started EBAA I was on the board.
The initial website was simple and pretty plain because the talent
and toys to set up a site were missing and a mystery then. The
current site's much tighter in layout and production value, but it
looks to me like a beacon of sorts aimed at testing membership
potential.

The listed email address is a commercial ISP, so if it's no longer
valid you should be getting a bounce message. Not getting a response
could mean anything from indifferent check-ins to demise of the
owner. I'd try leaving a message on the contact phone number.

John

On Jan 31, 2011, at 3:24 AM, ffmagellan02 wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I just went electric with my Bristol 32 sailboat and it was the
> best thing I ever did. Without a doubt, installing an Asmo Marine
> Thoosa 9000 system on my boat, Intrepid, improved everything about
> my sailing experience. I am now a true believer that electric is
> definitely the way to go on the water- especially for auxiliary
> power on a sailboat. I'm sure we all agree, and that's why we
> joined, right?
>
> I'm just wondering, if anyone knows please tell me, is there an
> active Electric Boating Association of America? The EBAA website
> doesn't look like it is updated. I tried to contact them through
> the email on the website, to join but never got a response. It
> would seem that the EBAA, as a registered nonprofit would be in the
> best position to be our industry/ community's advocate and host
> things like a news blog for electric boating related news, have a
> collection of resources and a dedicated forum that anyone can join.
> What do you think, is this something that we need?
>
> I've been thinking lately that as wonderful as electric power is
> for boats, we really need to get the word out. Electric power for
> boats still hasn't gone totally mainstream and taken over
> combustion yet, but maybe with the way the world is now, and how
> practical we're showing it to be... maybe it's time?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment