Monday, January 31, 2011

[Electric Boats] Electric boating association in the US?

 

Hello everyone,

I just went electric with my Bristol 32 sailboat and it was the best thing I ever did. Without a doubt, installing an Asmo Marine Thoosa 9000 system on my boat, Intrepid, improved everything about my sailing experience. I am now a true believer that electric is definitely the way to go on the water- especially for auxiliary power on a sailboat. I'm sure we all agree, and that's why we joined, right?

I'm just wondering, if anyone knows please tell me, is there an active Electric Boating Association of America? The EBAA website doesn't look like it is updated. I tried to contact them through the email on the website, to join but never got a response. It would seem that the EBAA, as a registered nonprofit would be in the best position to be our industry/ community's advocate and host things like a news blog for electric boating related news, have a collection of resources and a dedicated forum that anyone can join. What do you think, is this something that we need?

I've been thinking lately that as wonderful as electric power is for boats, we really need to get the word out. Electric power for boats still hasn't gone totally mainstream and taken over combustion yet, but maybe with the way the world is now, and how practical we're showing it to be... maybe it's time?

Please check out my website.

Thanks,
-Greg
http://www.ElectricSeas.org


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment