Sunday, November 20, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: When things fail away from home - the need for remote CANbus support.

 

Have not completed my electric install yet however. Should not be so technical for average no nothing dude. Keep it simple. Try not to over think this. Is only another propulsion system. I might change my tune next week week when I go for the maiden voyage on my thunderstruck conversion. Lol

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 18, 2016, at 7:10 AM, Chris Hudson clh5_98@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I have been exploring this myself. I contacted Raymarine through their forum a couple times this year asking if they had plans to develop an interface for EP systems for their MFDs. Their answer has always been that they can't comment on what they may, or may not have in development.
I did locate a converter that I think would work to get the CANopen data translated to NMEA 2000 sentences. The converter is a HD67250 by ADFweb.com
The Raymarine MFD do have standard, ready to go screens for ICE interface. The problem is that the Raymarine MFD doesn't allow custom user configuration so that the unique to EP data might not display in correct units, or have a place to display at all. It would definitely be a science project, and I think the results would be satisfactory at best. Because of this, and other, higher priority projects, I have yet to invest time in this. 
I'd dearly love to display my EP data on my MFD. I have a dual motor system and struggle to see my data on the poor quality Clearview displays.

Chris Hudson 

Sent from myPhone

On Nov 15, 2016, at 14:34, 'Dan Hennis' dhennis@centurytel.net [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Check out RedLion controls, Andromeda EVIC, and F. W. Murphy Marine instrumentation.  All use CanBus.  RedLion is talking of custom configuring a display for me from their " Graphite Crimson® Control Module" line.  Very helpful so far.
Dan
 
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2016 11:24 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: When things fail away from home - the need for remote CANbus support.
 
 

I am interested in this as well. I would like to see CANbus data being pulled into a Marine MFD product, and it sounds like Raymarine might be exploring this since N2k is the same data signalling standard underneath.
I also looked at CANbus Tripple for Arduino.

There seems to be a void right now in the electric boat controls interface.

__._,_.___

Posted by: L Schmitz <terminalift@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment