Sunday, November 13, 2016

[Electric Boats] Re: General direction in propeller efficiency

 

Many thanks for all the good information.

Next weekend my Thunderstruck kit should splash in the water for some test and tune.

I'll get some new sets of data collected, I am shooting for the same 1000RPM shaft speed to see if my power consumption dropped switching from a 36V brushed motor to 48V brushless. I'll be delighted with 10% improvement, but the two extra batteries have already kicked some Peukerts to the curb.

My friend is a master of aluminum fabrication and is interested in building a nozzle for my slow boat since his Briggs and Stratton E-tek has one. I suppose this changes the minimum clearance to the hull when a nozzle is being used.

It looks like Michigan Wheel has the right combination of props in my size range. I'll start playing with the calculators after collecting new motor performance information.

__._,_.___

Posted by: benjatelcom@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)

Check out the automatic photo album with 1 photo(s) from this topic.
IMG_2857.JPG

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment