Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Any experience or ideas for newbie electric conversion on Newport 16 sailboat?

 

I have just begun an install on 10 kw. 48v thunderstruck kit.  I will let you know how it goes. Replacing. 35 hp diesel. In my sailboat

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 14, 2016, at 3:12 AM, childscrick@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Hello group. I'm the owner of my first sailboat. Space seems certainly limited at first glance. I already have a Curtis 24 Volt, 1225-2704 PMC 125 Amp controller, 5k ohm throttle, and 2 sealed 12 volt, 150AH batteries. I do not have a motor or way to turn a propellor. 

 It seems the following question must have been asked before as its so obvious: Can a 24 volt PMC or other electric motor succesfully replace the engine on a outboard motor lower unit.? If so any recommendations on motors?  Does a vertical position affect the motor or bearings?
 If I was not to use any of the components I have already what might be a better setup?. Oars?
 Has anyone had experience with a Newport 16 in particular. With or without electric? 
 Thanks and Merry turkey day. 

__._,_.___

Posted by: L Schmitz <terminalift@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment