Thursday, May 7, 2015

[Electric Boats] Can I do an electric inboard on a budget?

 

 Hi all

I'm looking at building an old school power dory. It would have originally had a one-lung thumper gas engine. Can I replace that powerplant with an electric inboard - on a budget?

I'm thinking of golf cart power, or even power from an old electric pallet jack.

These old boats were slow - slow turning motors with a big prop. Can any of this be duplicated in electric within a reasonable budget?

I kind of like the pallet jack idea, and can get used ones from a surplus company her for around $500.

any thoughts on my idea?

Thanks

Tim

__._,_.___

Posted by: timo4352@att.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment