Friday, May 9, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Dampening

 



Aero_Dan here,  I have some experience in this subject, being the documented first wind-farmer in Idaho.  The one thing that I noticed on our motors and lights, etc, was when we had a square wave inverter or one of the cheaper controllers, there was a lot of noise or pulsing.  Even on DC.  I found that on the mid-to-higher cost controllers and inverters, the electronic filtering was much better.  I especially liked one we had that was a carbon core.  And if it was an inverter, the "full" or "true" sine-wave is the only way to go.  The "modified" or "square-wave" models just ate stuff up.  Sorry to say it but sometimes good stuff cost some money.  Well that is my two-bits worth.  Hope it helps.
 
FYI, I am converting 2 - 85 H.P. Merc lower units to EV-Azimuth drives for a mini-tug I am planning to start this Summer.  I'm also engaged some engineers to help with nozzle ducting for better vectorization and thrust.
Dan
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2014 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Dampening

 

On 09/05/14 21:11, Luke Wolbrink luke.wolbrink@gmail.com [electricboats]
wrote:
>
>
> Matthew,
>
> Any way to calibrate that frequency? I have a programmable controller
> but dont want to mess with it in the dark.
>
>
Certainly not on my controller. (Alltrax). The programming software
makes no mention of it. And I'm not surprised, if they are using high
frequency switching (on a DC motor anyway) they probably have a filter
network on it. And the filter network will have been designed around the
frequencies they put into it. Letting the user mess with it would
compromise their filter.

AC motor drivers are a different kettle of fish, but again I suspect
they have much of the output circuitry designed around the switching
frequency.

--
Matthew Geier,
Systems Administrator, Australian Centre for Field Robotics
+61 2 9351 8149

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4570 / Virus Database: 3931/7443 - Release Date: 05/05/14

Respectfully,
Dan Hennis
;-)>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment