Thursday, May 1, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: Sunplucker electric cat

 

My controller is also a continuously variable PWM and my motors are run in series on 24V.
Each motor sees 12 volts,
I have run these motors in parallel  on 24V but for the gain in speed it was not worth the extra wear and tear on them.
I played with "skid" steer, but it was just easier to go traditional with the tiller.
I have also planned a servo steer system for one motor, but again, simple stupid seems to win out.
The only benefit to that was the ability to steer with a wired remote, an addition to my current speed control.
At the moment I hold the speed and direction control in one hand. It has a long enough cable to lock the motors straight and walk around the entire deck. I can then control the forward and reverse motion as I move around the deck. This comes in handy for doing work like pulling logs and docks around when needed.
Here is a pic of me doing just that,

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment