Thursday, May 1, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: introduction

 

Great input, Mike,

I too have an Alberg, and I will be sailing on the Great Lakes. I expect that I will only set out in favourable conditions, and intend to motor mostly in and out of the Marina, and in/out of the bay (at least for this season).

I am thinking of keeping the two-blade prop, going with a 5 KW (continuous rated) BLDC motor with a 2:1 gearing, and a 48 V 30 AH Lithium battery pack to begin with.

My thinking is to add additional battery packs as funds/needs allow. Another option would be to add a portable generator if I want to go on long cruises (and not be always at the mercy of the wind).

It seems the motor I am looking at comes in air and water cooled varieties. Has anyone had experience with water cooled electric motors? Does my setup sound viable?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment