Tuesday, May 13, 2014

[Electric Boats] Hi Dan, battery question

 

A slightly different way of saying things, I think.  My info. is that the charge should be tapered up, so the cells aren't shocked in a discharged state, then charged at about a 10 to 12 hr. fill rate, with a temp sensor, so they do not overheat, then taper back to a trickle state.   Mine has a five level charging set up.   After the main recharge I liked adding a smaller long term storage charger, that will "burp" the whole pack occasionally, and is a permanent installed part.  The bigger, more desirable main charger then goes into the shop for security.   Some folks want to recharge over an hour or two and run out, that might be a bit harsh, depending on discharge state.
 
Thanks,   Cal
 
 
 
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Does Costco still sell batts?
 
 



You spoke of a slow charge being easier on the batteries.  All the info I have researched like for Trojan and the like, says that a hard charge with a "trimmer" charge to top them and balance makes batteries last longer.  Then one a month an "Equalizer" charge cycle.  Why the difference.  I usually used a 50A, 240V charger on our homes and got 5-7 years out of a 1600-2400 Ah pack.  Pease explain, ... briefly.
Dan
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2014 12:12 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Does Costco still sell batts?
 
 

Just curious as to prices, as i also am an area Deka rep,. and I can do special club group sales..  I just quoted the Coots club members on an AGM 27 series at 580 CCA  that sells for  $357.95 list, but my normal price is $ 267.77.  However I can sell to clubs at my own $ 254.00 cost.  I get them fresh from the warehouse, as a special order deal.  

 
Group 31 AGM sealed batteries you mentioned, lets see about those, probably the 8A31DTM at 800 CCA.  How does list $ 396.95 -- my normal price is $ 296.84 -- and my own club cost to you is $ 285. flat rate..  Did i get it about right ??
 
I can do this on all Deka batteries,  I have the automatic matching chargers for 48 volts and up, but my 48V unit will work on 110 and still give fast charge with LED information, burp charge, and 5 level charge.  I developed this for EV boat packs. Not cheap, but a great charger, by special order.
 
Thanks, just curious -----------  Cal

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4570 / Virus Database: 3931/7443 - Release Date: 05/05/14

Respectfully,
Dan Hennis
;-)>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment