Monday, December 9, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Inexpensive variable power supply?

 

Be awfully careful with ground connections.   One input terminal of an auto transformer is typically the common or white white from the house wiring.   That means one terminal of your rectified output is also the white wire of the house (dock) wiring.   So if you charge any group of series batteries in your battery pack,  it will be tied directly to the terrestrial AC supply.   This could prove lethal

On Dec 9, 2013 4:13 PM, "matt elder" <mattelderca@yahoo.ca> wrote:
 

Try one of these,
variable autotransformer
I use one for some of my battery tasks. I have one setup with an ammeter and volt meter on it along with a bridge rectifier.
Down and dirty but it works for some things.
I use mine primarily plugged into a generator but occasionally I use an inverter to feed it.
I do use a GFI on the input.
 
mattelderca


On Monday, December 9, 2013 4:44:39 PM, oak <oak_box@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

I've been experimenting with rolling my own power supply, using an Arduino to control on/off, voltage monitoring, etc.

Is there a good, relatively cheap VARIABLE power supply that will output something in the range of 12-30V, up to at least 5A, preferrably 10A?
It should run off 90-150V   (dock shore power, which should be expected to be "dirty").

Thanks!
John






__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment