Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Inexpensive variable power supply?

 

Myself, I never leave a "bad boy" or even  a manual charger unattended. For any charging or maintenance being performed. I control the variable charger with voltage and amperage readings combined and with battery type in mind. For flooded bats, I have dumped over 30 amps at 15 volts into them with my "bad boy" and I always ensure the bats are isolated from any loads or other connections. I watch the meters and drop the charge as the amps go down and voltage goes up.
 Basically a big bulk charge with no finishing or float. I leave those functions to the smart chargers!

 
mattelderca


On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 12:15:43 PM, oak <oak_box@yahoo.com> wrote:
 
What is your process for charging batteries directly from a power supply?

Do you set a constant current, then walk away for NN hours?
Or do you set a voltage, and apply that to the batteries  (overnight, several hours?)?

John


From: "mainecruising@yahoo.com" <mainecruising@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2013 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Inexpensive variable power supply?

 
I have a couple of Mastech variable power supplies I use. One is a 30A X 30V and the other is a 50A X 30V. The make them in all sorts of voltage/amperage sizes.. I use them for charging LiFeP04 and LA batteries.. In the shop it is all I use for charging 2V, 6V or 12V batteries...




__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment