Sunday, June 9, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Electric Ericson 27 Long Beach California

 

Jonathan:

Good luck with your install the hard part is removing the old engine. Once that is out of the way things should move along nicely. Also nothing wrong with having extra power available or as you say taking it with you as you move on up in boat size. I'm starting my sixth season with EP and am glad I made the switch. I'm sure you will too once you see how little maintenance you'll be doing compared to the Atomic.

Capt. Mike
http://biankablog.blogspot.com


From: jonathanheirendt <jonathanheirendt@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2013 5:11 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Electric Ericson 27 Long Beach California

 
Hello All,
New member here wanting to say hello and thanks for all the wonderful info this site has brought me. I am in the process of converting my Ericson 27 (1975) atomic 4 to an electric yacht 10kw DIY kit. I have the kit and batteries 4 new 12V 255 AH Lifeline AGM's. I also just aquired a new prop. Its a 13" X 13 pitch. I also purchased a DSR 48V 25 Amp battery charger, and a Norco Genious 4 Bank 10 Amp charger for balancing. I am terribly excited to start gutting the old A-4 and get to work installing all this stuff! Before anyone questions me about the 10kw motor rather than the suggested 5kw, my answer is simple. I have a big family and a small boat. :-) It might not be to long before we need to get a bigger boat, and I will keep my electric system. I plan on making a trip to the boat to begin work in several weeks so I just had to share the good news. I will try to remember to take lots of photos and post them here, and thank you all in advance if I post some questions for help with the install.
Jonathan



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment