Wednesday, June 5, 2013

[Electric Boats] Glad to have found this group

 

Hello Group,

I'm interested in converting my Tartan 27 sailboat into an electric and am looking for guidance and advice for the process. Currently the boat has an Atomic 4 which I've only owned for six month's and I'm already sick of maintenance and poor performance; time go to maintenance free and reliable!

I think I have a handle on the size of the motor, mounting and controllers. But could use advice on sizing the batteries and throttle.

I'm planning on using a 5wk motor and 48v controller from Golden Motors. I'll have it specified to produce from 800-2500 rpm to avoid a reduction drive. The hard part is batteries, what kind, how many...

looking forward to some great advice and to providing some of my own. For those of you interested I have a blog about my boat at tartan27.blogspot.com

Best Regards,
Luke

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment