Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Watch those amps!

 

Steve:

I have not had the Paktrakr hooked up since I discovered the battery charging issue from which it was powered up earlier this year:
I came up with my own monitoring layout that I have now temporarily installed at the helm and am currently testing while out on a fall cruise. With it I can keep an eye on each batteries voltage and more importantly for me the current draw from the battery bank while at the helm. I don't have to lift a cockpit hatch to look at the XBM battery monitor or go inside the cabin to read the Paktrakr voltages. I'll post about it as soon as I get back from my cruise all the photos together.

Capt. Mike
http://biankablog.blogspot.com




From: Steve Dolan <sdolan@scannersllc.com>
To: "electricboats@yahoogroups.com" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:18 PM
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Watch those amps!

 
Mike,
Are you still using the PakTrakr and what is the new toy?
 
Steve in Solomons MD

 
Steve

The wires I was attaching were not for accessories but, part of a helm mounted battery voltage monitoring display I built. These are wires are fused at the battery terminal end. I agree I also like gloves and insulated tool handles for working on the batteries.

Mike
Sent from on board BIANKA
http://biankablog.blogspot.com


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment