Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] marine grade 48Volt charger

 

I run a Zivan NG3 (72v) in hybrid mode like Mike does with his 48v version.  I never use it at the dock - instead a use a Sterling PCU2430 charger to charge the three 24v cells individually.  

My system is 72v but i believe Sterling has a two bank 24v model and the brand has been great for me. 

My $0.02

Bill

 

On Oct 24, 2012, at 7:14 PM, Mike <biankablog@verizon.net> wrote:

 

Bradley:

I've had a Zivan NG-1 mounted in my boat for five years now and it's working like a champ. Of course it's mounted high and in area where it won't get wet and if it does I probably have other things to worry about.:)  Just yesterday I ran it full out from about 9 AM to 7 PM  while operating in hybrid mode with the Honda 2000 generator while on my current cruise. Then  I got to the mooring ran it another three hours to recharge the 48 volt battery bank through the bulk charge cycle. It's proven it's self to me but, yes you do need to keep it out of the weather.

My second charger that I use after using the Zivan NG-1 for bulk charging is a Dual Pro 4 which finishes the charging of the individual batteries and keeps them in balance. I will also use it primarily when at a dock with AC power  to do a complete charge. But, I'm not at a dock that often. So usually it's the Zivan and Dual Pro in combination as I have described.

Capt. Mike





From: semicolonsutra <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:58 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] marine grade 48Volt charger

 
I need a recommendation on a 48 volt high amp charger that is marine grade. I am running ME0913 with SevCon Gen4 with a single bank 48V 4x12V battery bank. I had the Zivan NG-1 but unfortunately it is just not capable of being used very well in a marine environment as far as I'm concerned. it's a great charger but I have to take it out of the boat after each charge and sail. I believe I'd prefer a single bank 48 volt charger instead of a 4 bank charger 12V charger but am open to conversion with reasonable argument. Does anyone have a good or great suggestion on this front?

Cheers,

Bradley



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment