Sunday, October 28, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: MinnKota RT160EM

 

motor guide currently offers a 105 # torque, 109 weight, 36 volt, motor for $1250 US dollars,



From: acsarfkram <acsarfkram@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, October 28, 2012 11:32:27 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: MinnKota RT160EM

 

Hi Doug,

That MinKota should work well. My first electric sailboat project was an Ericson 23 with a MotorGuide 109 Great White (36 volt 105# thrust). It gave me about 4 knots at full power. The longest I motored with it was only about 45 minutes. It had decent power for moderate winds (20 knots). You might want to play around with props I ended up with a Kipawa prop that gave me a bit better top end speed.

Mark
Santa Cruz

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Doug McQuilken <dougmcq000@...> wrote:
>
> I would like to add electric auxiliary propulsion for my 24' wood catboat.This is  a really convenient setup with remote control, variable speeds forward & reverse.Does anybody have any practical experience with this motor?Thanks,DougPS - Specs here, http://www.walmart.com/ip/Minn-Kota-RT160EM-Engine-Mount-Saltwater-Motor-160lb-Thrust/15686827
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment