Tuesday, October 23, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: Charge efficiency

 

The manufacturer claims that after 2000 cycles at .3C to 80% DOD, or 3000 cycles at 70%, the cells will still have 80% of their original capacity.

I have read (on the internet, so take it for what that's worth!) that the cells have a ten year calendar life, but I have found nothing to support this claim.

Ask me again in eight years!
-Tom

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "weaversailor" <jcacord@...> wrote:
>
> Lead acid batteries loose capacity with age/usage. Do lithium do the same?
>
> John
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <boat_works@> wrote:
> >
> > I use a LinkPro to keep tabs on my 8.6KWh lithium battery bank.
> > One of the features of the LinkPro is a history function which displays the total AH used to charge the cells and also the total AH consumed from them.
> >
> > In about 2 1/2 years I have put 6209 Ah into the cells, and consumed 6116. That works out to a charge efficiency of 98.5%. I was amazed.
> >
> > Does it really matter? Not to me, since I charge from the grid, and pay little for electricity here on Puget Sound.
> >
> > But I thought it was interesting.
> >
> > -Tom
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment