Friday, October 26, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: marine grade 48Volt charger

 


120v 30a = 3600 watt  = 48v 75a

Watch the voltage.  chargers are rated on the DC side not the AC side. 



On Oct 24, 2012, at 2:46 PM, semicolonsutra wrote:

 

I'll ask a similar question to Skip but this is a 60AMP charger. Does your slip have 60AMPs? Mine is a 30AMP circuit.

Bradley

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "fred4936" <fred4936@...> wrote:
>
> Hello Bradley,
>
> I have been using a Quickcharge 48v on-board charger for the boat. It has been aboard only this year, but so far it has been woking well. I have a Mars motor, Sevcon controller, with six 8v Trojan batteries.
>
> Fred
>
>
>
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, semicolonsutra <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > I need a recommendation on a 48 volt high amp charger that is marine grade. I am running ME0913 with SevCon Gen4 with a single bank 48V 4x12V battery bank. I had the Zivan NG-1 but unfortunately it is just not capable of being used very well in a marine environment as far as I'm concerned. it's a great charger but I have to take it out of the boat after each charge and sail. I believe I'd prefer a single bank 48 volt charger instead of a 4 bank charger 12V charger but am open to conversion with reasonable argument. Does anyone have a good or great suggestion on this front?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Bradley
> >
>


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (19)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment