Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Watch those amps!

 

To 'Isolate' my small 36 volt system I disconnect the wire from the
battery mounted fuse. To ensure it says disconnected I put a bit of
bicycle inner tube over the lug when it's free.

In my case the tubes from my 17" wheel hybrid bicycle make ideal 'safety
sleeves' for my wires, they slide nicely over the lugs and fit snug
enough that they don't fall off by them selves.

You will often see 'sparkies' wrap electrical tape around the bare
ends of wires they are working on so that no 'accidents' can occur, even
if 10-15 minutes later they will need to pull that tape off again when
it comes that wire's turn to get worked on.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment