Saturday, September 17, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Convert Four Winns H180 to electric

 

I'm going to guess that you won't be happy unless the boat planes. Such speed, when considering the amount of batteries you can carry, will have limited range. I'm guessing that you'll have just 20-30 minutes at speed.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <lmills187@...> wrote:
>
> I would like to convert a boat, like a Four Winns H180, to electric power. I would remove the engine and couple an electric motor to the outdrive. Has anyone attempted to convert a non displacement hull boat to electric? What size electric motor would be required to get reasonable performance? I would use LiFe04 batteries.
> Any thoughts, other than that I am "crazy", would be appreciated.
>
> I currently have an ElectroCraft LS14 electric boat. Since it is a displacement type hull, it is limited to slow speeds. This conversion would be to get something that provides better performance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Larry
>

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment