Thursday, September 22, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Catalina 27 conversion

 

Leland:
 
There are a number of proven systems around that should fit your boat. You might want to take a look at the process I documented when I converted to electric propulsion four years ago:
You would be amazed at how much stuff you  take off the boat in the conversion.
 
Capt. Mike


--- On Mon, 9/19/11, iindiv <iindiv@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: iindiv <iindiv@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Catalina 27 conversion
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, September 19, 2011, 4:09 AM

 
I have been lurking on the list for a while now and may be in the position to convert a late 70's Catalina 27 to electric. It currently has a 2 cylinder diesel that has failed. I am interested in getting some quotes from the people on this list who provide complete systems. The boat weighs about 7500 pounds so I am guessing I need something around a 4kw system. I am up in Bellingham Washington so shipping needs to be considered too. Any other feedback is also welcome. I understand the range and power tradeoffs and think this boat is an excellent candidate.

Leland

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment