Thursday, September 29, 2011

[Electric Boats] 47 knots - Wow!

 

Saw a very interesting story on a 23ft yacht tender that claims to have hit 47 knots with an all electric system configured by Regen Nautics.
http://regennautic.com/2011/09/latest-marine-news/
Their video seems to bear out their reported speed...and shows some aggressive skiing to boot.

Sounds like they used a motor by UQM Technologies, which I had never heard of before, to repower an Evinrude OB...and juiced the whole thing with "lithium NMC" batteries from Corvus, another name I had not heard.

I couldn't find mention whether this boat is slated for production or not. Still, I have to tip my hat to them for a unique feat. Would love to know more about the motor they used and the corresponding specs.

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment