Saturday, September 17, 2011

[Electric Boats] Convert Four Winns H180 to electric

 

I would like to convert a boat, like a Four Winns H180, to electric power. I would remove the engine and couple an electric motor to the outdrive. Has anyone attempted to convert a non displacement hull boat to electric? What size electric motor would be required to get reasonable performance? I would use LiFe04 batteries.
Any thoughts, other than that I am "crazy", would be appreciated.

I currently have an ElectroCraft LS14 electric boat. Since it is a displacement type hull, it is limited to slow speeds. This conversion would be to get something that provides better performance.

Regards,

Larry

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment