Thursday, September 29, 2011

RE: [Electric Boats] REGEN SUCCESS!

 

Hey Mike, welcome to the positive side! :o)

I normally will bump the throttles just off of nutraul. I also have the notch on my throttles and this is a negative draw. Play with it and see if you can get regen just a hair off neutral, don’t understand why the throttles can’t be linear and adjusted wit that position a stop. This gets the props to easy spin. I’m interested in something, didn’t the manufacture say anything about keeping the motors in the on position when sailing? I thought there could be some damage to the motors if switched off and turning the props/motor for an extended period of time.

I’m currently working on an Android application and instillation into a Xoom to remote read the PakTrakr from anywhere on the boat through a Bluetooth connection. It will also work on an Android phone.

 

Your video link says private on your site. :o(

 

Steve in Solomons MD

Lagoon 410SE

 

 

 

 

I finally was able to observe my ASMO MARINE Thoosa 9000 system in regen mode after trying over three years. Strange thing was I was not even trying when I found it working. It was probably available all the time. I had recently started electro sailing instead of just letting the prop spin with the EP system off while under sail. One day when the boat was sailing along at 6 knots I checked the amp meter and noticed it had a  positive amp flow. Did the happy dance in cockpit! You can see the regen in action here on my blog:
 http://biankablog.blogspot.com/2011/09/another-advantage-of-electric.html

BTW I'm using the same three bladed prop I used with the diesel . Until I can rig up another meter so I can  observe the regen more easily in the cockpit I'll continue to check on it from time to time Though it's not easy to keep a constant eye on it with current meter location.  I'm still happy to know that it is working.

 

Capt. Mike

 

 


__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment