Thursday, June 9, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: re ICE versus Electric

 

Mark:

I can't speak for anyone but myself but for what it's worth, I'm here
because there are a bunch of people here who are much smarter than me when
it comes to electric propulsion and they are willing to share their
knowledge and experiences both good and bad. At some point I may be in a
position to repower my boat and I'd like to have as much information as
possible so I can make an informed decision. If there are improvements or
even a "breakthrough" in batteries, motors or controls, I would think this
would be a place to hear about them.

John Bortner
O'Day 27 "Circe"

--------------------------------------------------
From: "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 12:31 PM
To: <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: re ICE versus Electric

> I sure hope this thread dies soon.
>
> To those that see EP as impractical for whatever reason (cost,range...) I
> do not see anything changing in a big way for the next year. There will
> likely be some battery improvements maybe even a "breakthrough", but I'm
> guessing they will not be inexpensive.
>
> For the past three plus years EP has and is working sooo much better in
> every way than ICE did on my sailboat. If/when I get another boat I'll be
> looking for a sailboat with a dead or dieing engine and ripping it out to
> replace with EP just like I did with my current boat and the sailboat
> before that. If the perfect boat has a brand new diesel there will be a
> diesel for sale :-).
>
> For me there is no comparison between ICE and EP, it's like two different
> activities.
>
> So to those that have made up their minds that EP is impractical on a
> sailboat that's fine but what are you doing here?
>
> Mark
> Santa Cruz
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment