Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Manta motors

 

Hi All 

I am a boat builder and designer.
 some years back I came across this fellow and was very impressed with him and his inventiveness
here's a link to some history http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynch_motor

I was very impressed by him and his early web site indicated a very difficult time with his dealings with ASMO, (I think ) 
From memory, He did win a court battle and was substantially paid off. 
He now has his motors made by Agni in India (once again,I think )

He was very helpful to me and his motors were stack-able (like donuts ) so greater horsepower's could be obtained. 
 For my own part the boat I had hoped to electrically power can be seen on my Blog    Marshall design  or Trailer Trawler. 
I am currently building a belt drive that will transfer the motor out put down to the prop shaft  approx 360mm lower.
Steve Marshall

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment