Sunday, June 26, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] 26' Bayliner

 

Yes I am willing to make some sacrifices on those but I want to try and calculate the most optimal setup I can which seems to be a very difficult thing to do when you know nothing about it. So far there seem to be allot of variables and then there is the different motors and batteries and weight and drag and prop pitch and on and on This is going to be along time and research to figure out and even though I am very mechanically inclined I am not good with numbers and calculations and remembering technical names for things. Major draw back I can take a motor apart blindfolded and put it back together but ask me to do complicated math or the technical names for parts and I am a babbling idiot.

Thanks!

Jeff S Gomes

--- On Sun, 6/26/11, Robert E. <relmason@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Robert E. <relmason@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] 26' Bayliner
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 2:13 PM

 

I am not familiar with power boat conversions to electric,  but think it'd be viable as long as you are aware of the speed/distance limitations and accept them.  I am converting a 35' Columbia sailboat to electric and will have the system in place in about another week.  I have currently removed my fuel tank and unnecessary hoses and wiring,  prepared a place for my 8 4D AGM's and will lift out the motor when weather permits.



On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Jeff <jnlgomes@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

I have a 26' Bayliner that I am getting ready to remodel this coming winter. I have been seriously thinking of converting the Chevy 350 V8 to electric drive has anyone had any luck in converting a Dual prop out drive to electric any ideas on where I should start and what I should try. I figure with getting rid of the 100 gallon fuel tank and the big v8 engine I should be able to cut back allot on the current weight and give myself plenty of room for batteries. I would appreciate any ideas as i know nothing of electric motor conversion




--
Bob



~~(\_~~~~~(\_~~~
~~~~(\_~~~~(\_~~

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment