Saturday, June 25, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] 26' Bayliner

 

Jeff,
 
I converted an 1971 Pacemaker powerboat to electric in 2009 but she was an inboard single screw boat.  I think converting I/O's to electric may be a challenge but doable if you have some knowledge of mechanics and electric motors, etc.
My boat is on youtube @ John's Electric Boats
 
John Raynes
 
 
 
 
 
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Jeff <jnlgomes@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

I have a 26' Bayliner that I am getting ready to remodel this coming winter. I have been seriously thinking of converting the Chevy 350 V8 to electric drive has anyone had any luck in converting a Dual prop out drive to electric any ideas on where I should start and what I should try. I figure with getting rid of the 100 gallon fuel tank and the big v8 engine I should be able to cut back allot on the current weight and give myself plenty of room for batteries. I would appreciate any ideas as i know nothing of electric motor conversion


__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment