Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Hello, all!

 

Hi James,

Yes the inverter is the big cost. But the price is coming down every year
and efficiency up = around 95%. I´m also using AC 230V to the induction
cooker and also the fridge = standard house equipment = nice prices (IKEA)
together with a gas cooker as backup. The engines are 2,2kW each = roughly
3 hp each. Backup if the sun failes and the distance home is to long =
Honda EU20 generator.

I will keep You updated after some sea trials. (Will put some pics and
text on my website when I get some spare time.....)

Rgds/Leif

> You project is very similar to my own. So I am very interested. Please
> keep me posted of your results. I'll be curious how fast you can push
> your boat with 2 2.5 hp motors. I thought about using an inverter to push
> 3 phase motors, but the inverter cost for the size motors I wanted was
> prohibitive.
>
> Hoping you have lots of luck and fun.
>
> On Jun 22, 2011, at 3:32 AM, Leif Thomsen wrote:
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment