Sunday, June 26, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] 26' Bayliner

 

I am not familiar with power boat conversions to electric,  but think it'd be viable as long as you are aware of the speed/distance limitations and accept them.  I am converting a 35' Columbia sailboat to electric and will have the system in place in about another week.  I have currently removed my fuel tank and unnecessary hoses and wiring,  prepared a place for my 8 4D AGM's and will lift out the motor when weather permits.



On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Jeff <jnlgomes@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

I have a 26' Bayliner that I am getting ready to remodel this coming winter. I have been seriously thinking of converting the Chevy 350 V8 to electric drive has anyone had any luck in converting a Dual prop out drive to electric any ideas on where I should start and what I should try. I figure with getting rid of the 100 gallon fuel tank and the big v8 engine I should be able to cut back allot on the current weight and give myself plenty of room for batteries. I would appreciate any ideas as i know nothing of electric motor conversion




--
Bob



~~(\_~~~~~(\_~~~
~~~~(\_~~~~(\_~~

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment