Friday, June 3, 2011

[Electric Boats] Simple electric drive setup

 

I have not installed an electric drive yet, so I may be naive.

It seems to me that any electric drive or electric motor should work for most smaller boats which do not need a lot of speed. (I own a 28' Herreshoff designed sailboat. Speed is not real important to me.) On-board solar and wind generators could provide for the recharging of the batteries. (I have solar panels on-board my boat.) And an on-board generator using any fuel should provide power when the batteries are depleted.

I've read about cooling problems here. They are the same cooling problems that computers have. The answer is a fan or blower of some sort, the same as your computer requires only larger.

So, what am I missing?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment