Monday, December 13, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] display at helm

 

Hi Steve,

I did find out after I got my PakTrakr that I could have had it conformal coated. Have you gotten the sealed PakTrakr yet? Does it have the current sensor cable?

Good point about a monitoring display at the nav station, I use my PakTrakr to monitor my battery banks and I would not what to always go outside to do that.

The PakTrakr is a wonderful instrument, it was showing my that one of the batteries in the bank that uses a 48volt charger for charging (not the Pro Quad) was consistently reading lower voltage by +/- .7 volts than the other batteries. I put a 12 volt, 4 amp charger on that battery for a few days and the bank seems to be balanced again.

I look forward to your photos.

Mark
Santa Cruz

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Steve Dolan <sdolan@...> wrote:
>
> Mark,
> Well you could have ordered the PakTrakr display with a water proof coating and longer cable to it. I did and am planning on mounting it at the HELM dash with a plastic case to protect it along with the 2 motor AMP draw meters in it. I haven't done it yet but will post a few pics once it's done. In addition I am going to install a second monitoring device at the Nav station inside.
>
> http://evdashboard.codeplex.com/
>
>
> This is the software that will read from a GPS device or a screen. You could consider reversing what I plan on doing, mounting the GPS or make it removable. I had looked at the other program Myles posted and thought this was a better idea and a bigger screen. The eyes are getting a little fuzzy. :o)
>
> Happy Holidays,
> Steve in Solomons MD
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of acsarfkram
> Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 1:35 PM
> To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Electric Boats] display at helm
>
> So for Christmas I would like a current and voltage display at the helm. I've got a PakTrakr but it lives down below out of the elements. Other than a full on additional weatherized battery monitor, any thoughts?
>
> Mark
> Santa Cruz
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment