Tuesday, December 21, 2010

[Electric Boats] new member

 


Hi! I am a new member. A great deal of info in this group!
I just finished HERCULES (see C. Welton's HERCULES) in photos.
This is a modified Glen L design. I added the fantail and changed the pilot house.
I have been thinking for some time about adding electric power to my modified Ranger 20 sailboat.
A 5 hp Honda 4 stroke was more power than I needed, a 2 hp Honda is not quite enough.
Any suggestions?
I am also getting ready to build an 18 ft. electric launch on a sailboat hull.
Elco has a 19 ft. launch with a 3 hp electric. Sounds good to me.
Question; How does one build in a thrust bearing on a home build unit of motor, reduction pulleys, etc.?
Best,
Welton

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment