Sunday, December 26, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Considering converting from Honda 2 HP to torqeedo

 

Hi Chris,

I installed a MotorGuide 109 on an Ericson 23 (3000#)5 or 6 years ago. The MotorGuide was 36 volts and had 105 lbs of thrust. It worked great for me. The person I sold the boat to used the motor until last year. he has since replaced it with a 9 hp outboard. I'm not sure why he got rid of the trolling motor but the fact that he went with a 9 hp outboard makes me think he really likes power!

Mark
Santa Cruz

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Ned Farinholt <nedfarinholt@...> wrote:
>
> I have been using my 801 on my Cape Dory Typhoon (2400lb) for three years and it has performed very well. I have never needed it when the wind was up, just used the sails. The Torqeedo has been appreciated when the wind died in the middle of ;the Chesapeake in August. I have two grp 31 agm's, one under the sole and one under the vee bunk. For your little lake you can probably get by with 24's or 27's.
> Ned
>
> On Dec 25, 2010, at 4:56 PM, chriskottaridis wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "stmbtwle" <stmbtwle@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd try a Minn-kota first.
> > >
> > > Willie
> > >
> >
> > The guy before me had a Minnkota electric motor and he said that on more then one occasion when the wind picked up, the head wind was too strong to get back to the ramp. So, he had to lower the anchor and wait for the wind to die down. That's why I went with the Honda 2 HP in the first place.
> >
> > I don't remember which minnkota he had, it was about 5 years ago now. Possibly there are more appropriate sizes available now. I do want to be sure I have enough power. Maybe minnkota has motors that can compare to the 2 HP I have now. I'll take a look. At the time I didn't see anything at the same price range of the Honda gas 2 HP.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Chris Kottaridis
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment