Wednesday, December 29, 2010

[Electric Boats] New member: I'm looking to re-power my 26' displacement hull launch

 

Hi all I'm new to the group and I'm hoping to get some advise about going electric with my boat. I have a 26 foot double ender with a 27 HP diesel in it now. the engine is in need of repair and as i only use the boat close to land i was thinking that electric may be the way to go. It looks like around 6 hp is needed to reach hull speed. should i be looking to use a "golf cart" motor? or is there a better choice? I believe i have room for about 16 6V golf cart batteries. If a golf cart motor will work should I try to find a larger motor? like 10 hp or so? Any help that you could give would be appreciated

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment