Sunday, May 18, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: flexible AGM installation?

 

Two batteries have two cases, so more room is devoted to case thickness.  I would rather have more amp hours, but there are exceptions using 8 volt batts., as packaging requires.  Always a trade off to get power into the space, I have used the 12 volt partly because I can get the recharge cycles to what I want without as much pack splitting.  I have a great long term maintainer that frees up the main charger for more projects. 
 
I am figuring that when I or my clients boats get done, we will have six to ten years of Deep Cycle Marine EV Power -- without hassles,. By then there will be more and newer ones anyway, all more expensive of course.   I don't feel confidant that Wal-mart or cheapo depot  will do that for me -- by half.  My opinion is that good quality for full amp draw motor power is different over a long use, than most other battery uses, and tougher on the lower cost batteries.  Other opinions may vary, this is just my own— lower tech or better, proven mid range tech, can work for me better than the high cost of "the latest jazz" .
 
Thanks,   Cal
 
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 3:44 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: flexible AGM installation?
 
 

For odd spaces, maybe consider 6v batts. Or 2v. 6v golf cart batts are pretty cheap.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

Just launched ! Link preview on Yahoo Groups
Visit your Group on the web, simply paste the link to the article, photo or video you wish to share in the message you are composing.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment