Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Dampening

 

I was assuming the RPMs were based on the highest voltage the motors were capable of.

My boat already has an intake/outlet for water for engine cooling, so using it should be ok - and I might find it an improvement especially if I run the motor at max rpm for any length of time. I would certainly be interested in your experiences with air-cooled.

I am using the original two-bladed prop, and I was figuring on 4000 rpm - but 3000 would probably still work with a 2:1 reduction. I suspect that the Atomic probably puttered along at about 1500 RPM in 1/2 throttle mode.




On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM, <luke.wolbrink@gmail.com> wrote:
 

I am using their HPM5000B motor and the HPC300H Controller and they seem to be working just fine. I avoided the liquid option since I don't want any risk of a leak... cars and other applications they make motors for don't sink, sailboats do. I'm also finding out that their claimed 6000rpm max is based on the 96v system since my 48v tops out at about 3000rpm so size your gearing etc appropriately.




--


Where there is a shell, there is a way...

Dominic Amann
M 416-270-4587

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment