Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Dampening

 

I am planning on using a similar setup for my Alberg 30.

Are you using the air or water cooled motor? Also are you 5 or 10 kw?


On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 9:31 AM, <luke.wolbrink@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Hello,


Now that my goldenmotor setup drives the boat I'm working out the kinks. The motor makes more noise than expected (everyone's youtube videos are silent). I'm realistic that it's going to make some noise but I want to keep it to a minimum. I've already installed neoprene washers between the motor mount as well as between the stringers in the boat to the motor mount to keep vibrations down. I imagine I'm getting noise from my chain drive but the one that bugs me is higher pitched and related to RPM. Is there a way I can tune this out with my controller. I've got a controller from goldenmotor which I know isn't very popular around here but I do have access to programming but am nervous about fiddling around with the settings in the dark. 


Any other suggestions to keep the noise down?




--


Where there is a shell, there is a way...

Dominic Amann
M 416-270-4587

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment