Saturday, May 24, 2014

[Electric Boats] Torqueedo travel outboards 1003 battery and solar panels.

 

Good day everyone, I do have a question or like to pose a conversation about Torqueedo electric outboards.


I am thinking of purchasing a Torqueedo travel outboard with the 1003 battery 29.6v and 18ah.


I am looking to put together a flexable solar panel to charge my battery when I'm under way and extend my range.


Tirqueedo's solar panel is 45 watts, I was thinking about buying a 120 watt solar panel and recharging with that.


I must make sure I am recharging at 4 amps. 


I did see some Military Powercell product's on Powercells web site but they said it didn't hold a charge ( like AA ones do. )and it charged the battery with D.C current.


I think the Torqueedo is an A.C unit.


Does anyone here know if this may work or what I will have to add to allow it to work.


I am just trying to make a cheaper or better flexable folding solar panel than Torqueedo sells at this time.


They may have better ones, but having done a course in fashion designing when I was a kid I know that company's keep their design's to sell in the future after old stock has sold or sales have dropped. 

It's just a business trick and I don't really want to wait that time for a better product.


If anyone has any answers then please maybe we can discuss it here.


By the way are there any Electric Boat Association member's here. I may be meeting with Malcolm Moss in a few weeks. 


All my best,

Alex.



__._,_.___

Posted by: 73foster@live.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment