Tuesday, May 20, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: homebrew bldc direct drive motor?

 

Craig, what do you think about individual laminated steel cores, or powdered iron or ferrite rod cores? Laminated steel would give me the ability to leave gaps for coolant passages built right into the core. I didn't realize such a large air gap was feasible with axial flux. Would say 1/4" offer any advantage over say 1/2", if the magnets didn't get hot? Are induced currents in a metal motor casing trivial, or would a nonmetallic casing of sufficient strength and rigidity be advantageous? I have been making a lot of assumptions all along, based on currently available motors and they all have steel or aluminum cases, but I figure I ought to ask.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment