Tuesday, September 6, 2011

[Electric Boats] trying to figure it all out....

 

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and new to figuring out what is what in relation to electrically powering a ketch.

I see a fairly large deviation in prices as I look at motor/controller systems of the prepackaged and self assembled nature. Because I would like to understand what is going on before I commit to this I need to understand these deviations.

One purveyor of systems seemed to be charging about $1k/kw of motor power for a fully assembled system. As in $7,000 for a 7kw system and $10,000 for a 10kw system. That seems a bit of an extravagant markup to me when I then go to http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=147 and see a brushless DC motor rated at 10.5kw for $850 and http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=6 for a $490 400amp peak rated controller.

I realize that there are other items involved in the prepackaged systems but to me these two would seemingly be the major components. Am I missing something dramatic???

I am hoping that someone will take on this and the other questions that I have.

Michael

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment